1,051 total views, 1 views today
Losing sales is every sales person’s worst nightmare. And one of the biggest reasons why this might become a reality is ‘Not Following Up‘.
Even if you do follow-up campaigns once or twice, that’s not enough. The games have changed, & selling your product/service is difficult than ever.
Research says that 75% of the times, a sales deal needs a minimum of 5 follow-ups to be closed. And unfortunately, more than 50% of the sales reps give up after just one single follow-up. And majority of those who go further ahead… give up before the potentially deal-closing 5th follow-up.
As per Marketing Donut, here’s the breakdown of average sales follow-up rates:-
- 44% of sales reps give up after the first “no”
- 22% give up after two “nos”
- 14% give up after three “nos”
- 12% give up after four “nos”
So that leaves a mere 8% of the sales reps, who go all the way & close the most number of deals. No surprises!
In fact, research says that as much as 80% of all the sales deals are closed by that 8 % of sales reps who do as many as 5 follow-ups. Bottom line is that multiple follow-ups are crucial. Very crucial.
Let’s talk about few of the most common mistakes that result in sales loss.
- Pre-assumption about your prospects reading all your earlier emails
- Giving away too much information to your prospects from the start
- Following-up with your emails too frequently
- Avoiding any call-to-action buttons
- Not sending a Break-up email as the last option
There’s no rule-book that guarantees sure shot sales success. However, we can certainly look at the research stats… and work towards making ourselves better at closing deals. The above reasons surely play a big role in the loss of sales. And avoiding those have worked wonders for me. There’s absolutely no reason why it won’t work for you. Give it a try!
Need a smart assistant to boost your sales? Sign Up for Wakeupsales CRM today 🙂